Game-Based Learning

Welcome to Digital Game-Based Learning for K-12 educators. This is a week-long, self-paced exploration within an emerging market. If the video does not start automatically, click the video below to begin our journey!

In short, game-based learning is a tool of engaging learning through games. Because this definition is broad, our group has decided to narrow our topic down to four emerging areas: educational games, gamification, simulations, and mobile games

We encourage you to explore the four topics that we have selected. However, we only recommend that you focus on TWO activities. You should post your comments at the bottom of the Activity pages on this site (i.e. not the ETEC 522 course site). These activities will be moderated by our experts: Bridget Perry-Gore, Colin Kam, David McInnes, Deborah Schell, and Karon Wong.

Self-Assessment

You can take the Jeopardy self-assessment below at any time, either before or after exploring the rest of the website. It may help you decide where to explore first!

Created with JeopardyLabs.com.

dePazzi, P. (2011). Intro to GBL. Retreived on June 10, 2012, from http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/11956085/intro-to-gbl.

Authored by Colin Kam

Note: Post any technical problems or general feedback in the space below. Please post on Activity pages to respond to discussion topics.

7 Responses to Game-Based Learning

1. Sherman Lee says:

The animation is very fitting to Game-Based Learning. I really look forward to participating in your presentation this week!

Sherman

2. gillian says:

Nicely presented folks! Your topic choices are very interesting and I appreciated the fact that choice was built into your activity flow.
    gillian

3. Allan says:

Terrific blog site! I love the selection of the YouTube video introduction. The game is exceptionally well planned and interactive!

Allan

4. karonw says:

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback on our presentation site. Glad that the structure of our site worked well for you all.

Karon

5. Hi All
    Good job ! Nice presentation especially the incorporation of the instructions and the video technology. I am in the process of exploring it.
    Hussain

6. lisamallen says:

Great job group 2! I love the animated videos you’ve created here. – Lisa