Introduction

What do Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, and Muammar Gaddafi have in common? Apart from being responsible, democratically elected leaders, they all had the pleasure of having me live in their countries. I’m Hanna Dandanell, currently a second year student from Brazil hoping to major in International Relations, I’ve lived around the world in 7 different countries and picked up a bit from everywhere I’ve been. Brasil, Venezuela, USA, Libya, Peru, Cuba, and now Canada; I am what most people call “third culture child”. I aspire to major in IR in order to learn about global issues from a variety of perspectives-issues including poverty, war, disease, trade, democracy, diplomacy, economics, and globalization in an effort to integrate this major points and work together for a better world. Having lived most of my life in Latin America, I feel a deep connection and affection towards it, but at the same time, I’m aware of all the social issues, inequality, corruption, poverty and violence that reigns over it. With that in mind, I’m looking forward to this course!

1 thought on “Introduction