Recent Posts

Podcast about Podagogy

I have just completed my first assignment for ETEC 511. It was with much trepidation that I moved the document into the media file to submit it for grading. It was a labour of intensity but one done with excitement too. The more I read it over, researched the ideas and wrote the 500 words or less document, the more I understood what podogogy really means. The lesson I think I learned, was not so much about what podagogy, pedagogy and podcasting is all about, but the age old lesson of learning to tie your shoes. 

It is in doing that we learn. It is in teaching what we have learned that we master the learning.  The true power of podagogy is in applying podcasting to students’ projects and making them the creators, not just the consumers, of their own learning. So…. In order to prove, to myself, more than anyone else, I created my assignment as a written document and also as a podcast. My next challenge is to embed it into my e-portfolio. Learning by doing, at it’s most challenging. Wish me luck. If I am successful, you will be able to hear my assignment as well as read it.

podagogy podcast