Recent Posts

ETEC 565 Begins

image of swan with spring flowers

Spring flowers

It’s May. The birds are singing, the flowers are blooming, the sun is shining and I have begun my third MET course. The first week is ending and I am again struggling with the work load of full time school leadership and personal learning time. I am easing into the familiar schedule of early morning posts, late night reading and writing, and salvaging moments of personal time to be with family and friends.

The course outline has excited me in terms of what it will help me investigate in a structured and safe learning community. The first challenge was to use Wimba to post an audio message. Then to create an e-portfolio strictly for the ETEC 565 course. With that came the challenge to provide an RSS feed link. My first foray into RSS feeds. Then on to the readings and getting my thoughts organized for the first assignment – a ‘flight path’ for the course and for my MET journey. At this point, as I near the ‘retirement’ day from my thirty-two year career in a formal education role, it is a good thing to take time to reflect on what I hope to learn in ETEC 565 and in my upcoming MET courses.