As the advancement of the Internet brings significant changes to people’s life, a brand new shopping fad known as e-commerce is playing bigger role. More and more businesses are putting their products on the internet and many platforms like Amazon, eBay and BestBuy provide even larger stage for the public to shopping online.

online-shopping-5-639x296

As a people going shopping frequently, I can really tell the difference between online shopping and the traditional way of shopping. Merely by clicking the screen, I can save a lot of time in comparison with driving to a shopping mall to find what I want to buy. It has become the time when consumers decide where, when and what to purchase based on their preference. Therefore, it is essential for traditional retailers to make new business strategies to fit the public preference of purchasing things and this is what’s happening to more and more firms. The types of goods available online are enormous; not only including commodities, but services like tourism. From where I stand, I agree that businesses in distinct fields get involved in e-commerce is a right strategy but I still believe traditional retailers are still essential. Because pictures of the products never give us a string determination of buying them until we see the real products in the store. Other products, like vegetables and cakes are not suitable for selling online for their short lasting period.

Reference:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/rob-commentary/more-and-more-shoppers-are-online-so-where-are-the-retailers/article25078686/