Do we need quotas EVERYWHERE??

Are quotas actually there to aid the ones in need, or do they just create an inefficient economy, where the people are not motivated by incentives?

Coming from a country where there are an abundance of quotas, mainly for “promoting” women’s rights, I must say I am a little tired of the idea. This is the same thing (refer to this) that the French government is doing. They are trying to make women sit on thrones of 40% of the big French companies.

This might seem like a step towards equality from a philanthropic side, but what I believe is really happening is that the government is making the economy inefficient. It is valuing gender (or whatever any quotas (or whatever the government favors in different cases) than what really matters (in this case, the skills). This will give rise to a lot of slackers in women because they know at least 40% is bound to be one of them.

Thus I believe it is very important to use the quota tool carefully. It might be beneficial in some cases but cause some severe issues in others.