Vinod Sood Professor of International Business Studies,
Strategy and Business Economics
Office: 511 David Lam Building
Research Office: 293 Macmillan Building
Tel: (604) 822-9406; (604) 822-3886
Fax: (604) 822-8477
The University of British Columbia
Sauder School of Business
2053 Main Mall
Vancouver, B.C., Canada, V6T 1Z2
Professor, Institute of Asian Research
Professor, The UBC Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs Program
- Corporate Strategy (collaboration and competition)
- Crisis Management and Resilience
- International Business and the Pacific Rim
- Innovation, knowledge transfer and Intellectual Property Protection
- First nations of Canada
Curriculum Vitae (includes list of publications, in PDF)
Recent Publications (past 3 years)
- Kant, S., Vertinsky, I., Zheng, B. (2016). Valuation of First Nations Peoples’ Social, Cultural, and Land Use Activities Using Life Satisfaction Approach. Forest Policy and Economics, published on line July 2016.
- Park, C., Vertinsky, I. (2016). Reverse and Conventional Knowledge Transfers in International Joint Ventures, Journal of Business Research, published online February 2016.
- Pe’er, A., Vertinsky, I., Keil, T. (2014). Growth and Survival: The Moderating Effects of Local Agglomeration and Local Market Structure. Strategic Management Journal, published online September 2014.
- Cui, V., Vertinsky, I., Robinson, S., Branzei, O. (2015). Trust in the workplace: The role of social interaction diversity in the community and in the workplace. Business and Society, published online October 2015.
- Park, C., Vertinsky, I., Becerra, M. (2015). Transfers of tacit vs. explicit knowledge and performance in international joint ventures: the role of age. International Business Review, 24(1): 89–101.
- Yong, L., Vertinsky, I., Li, J. (2014). National distances, international experience, and venture capital investment performance. Journal of Business Venturing, 29(4): 471–489.
- Kant, S., Vertinsky, I., Zheng, B., Smith, P. (2014). Multi-Domain Subjective Wellbeing of Two Canadian First Nations Communities. World Development, 64:140–157.
- Branzei, O., Camp R.D., Vertinsky I. (2013). In Whom Collectivists Trust: The Role of (in) Voluntary Social Obligations in Japan. Management and Organization Review, July, pp. 319 – 343.
- Chen J., Chen T., Vertinsky I., Yumagulova L., Park C. (2013). Public-Private Partnerships for the Development of Disaster Resilient Communities and Social Systems, Journal of Contingencies and Crisis Management, September, pp. 130 – 143.
- Li J., Vertinsky I., Zhang H. (2013). The quality of domestic legal systems and export performance: theory and evidence from China, Management International Review, June, pp. 361 – 390.
- Kant S., P., Vertinsky I., Zheng B., Smith P., (2013), The Social Cultural and Land Use Determinants of the Health and Well-being of Aboriginal Peoples of Canada: A Path Analysis, Journal of Public Health Policy, June, pp. 462 – 476.
- Kornreich, Y., Vertinsky, I., Potter, P.B. (2013). Consultation and Deliberation in China: The Making of China’s Recent Healthcare Reform. The China Journal, 3(68) 176-203.
- Park, C., Vertinsky, I. Lee, C. (2013). Korean International Joint Ventures; How the Exchange Climate Affects Tacit Knowledge Transfer from Foreign Parents. International Marketing Review, 29(2) 151-174.