RE: Healthy Soft Drinks?

Healthy soft drinks…

After stumbling upon Piper’s blog post about VitaminWater being unhealthy, it reminded me of Pepsi’s most recent advertisement campaign: “Live for Now”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_2smYVl0zrk

In this video, it shows Beyonce show off some dance routines after drinking a sip of Pepsi because she “Lives for Now.”

As we all know, soft drinks are bad with their huge amount of sugar and other chemicals inside. Pepsi has around 42 grams of sugar per can. In that link, you can see many other types of drink and just how much sugar they contain. This is why I find that the catchphrase “Live for Now” is ironic. Pepsi is trying to position itself as a drink suitable for “healthy living.” They tried to show this in the video with Beyonce dancing, moving actively, enjoy life, etc.
If you truly believe in the commercial and start drinking Pepsi (or any other soft drinks) everyday because you think “Live for Now,” you’re clearly not thinking about the future.
Think about it, the phrase “Live for Now” just by itself is just wrong. It’s as if you’re not taking into any consideration of what might happen in certain actions. Anyways, I just don’t agree with the way Pepsi is advertising its products and it only “looks good” on the surface, but we all know its true intentions are to get people to buy more of its products with little regards to people’s health. Of course, I’m not saying “don’t drink Pepsi” or any other soft drinks, what I’m saying is one should control the amount of soft drinks one drinks.