Ms. Park

Where am I?

Many of you will recognize that I’m sitting on the Spanish Steps. The film Roman Holiday, starring Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck, made the Spanish Steps famous to North American audience.

Because of one film, Spanish Steps became extremely popular in North America. Marketing employs popular culture (films, commercials, social media) to promote products, services, and places to consumers – us.

Enough about Spanish Steps and marketing. So what about me?

My name is Jeanny. I am a recent grad of UBC Sauder School of Business, and Business Education teacher candidate at UBC. I majored in Marketing and International Business.

Since I was young, I have always wanted to become a teacher. My mother is a high school mathematics teacher, and she inspired me to become a teacher. My mother has always been my role model, and I hope to become a wonderful, well-respected teacher like her one day. My father, who is extremely funny, also had a lot of influence on my life. Having a a businessman dad evoked my interest in business, especially in marketing. Having interest in both education and business, I decided to pursue my career as a Business Education teacher.

Growing up, I traveled a lot and got to experience many different cultures. I have traveled over twelve countries. The best part of traveling is meeting new people and learning about new cultures. I am really excited about working at an international school in Seoul, South Korea, starting in September. My goal is to teach in as many different countries as I possibly can, and learn about their cultures.

Last but not least, I want to make my blog not only informative and educational, but also interesting and current.