Ten Tree Apparel

In light of the class about social entrepreneurship I wanted to dedicate a blog to Ten Tree Apparel, an upcoming company from my home in Regina, Saskatchewan.

Ten tree Protect the world you play in

The founders of Ten Tree saw damage being done to our environment and found an innovative way of trying to improve the state of it. For each article of clothing they sell 10 trees will get planted. Ten tree recognized tree planting as a way of restoring the environment and used it to create a profitable business. Their motto protect the world you play in really hit home for me as a person who spends a lot of time outdoors.They have already partnered up with WeForest and the Canadian Wildlife Association, and have over 100 retailers around Canada.

Ten tree family

They also recently appeared on Dragon’s Den and received the 100 000$ that they asked for at 20% along with marketing help. Here is the Dragon’s Den episode with Ten Tree Apparel. Here is a link to a Short documentary about Ten Tree on how they got started, and to their Inspire campaign encouraging people to get active outdoors. Check them out and support sustainable companies!

Images retrieved from the Ten tree website, and from their Facebook page.