Canadian Banks

Posted by: | November 26, 2010 | Leave a Comment

There should be a considerable amount of competition in the retail banking industry. The big 6 (TD, BMO, CIBC, Royal, National, Scotia) in Canada, plus others (such as HSBC and credit unions) offer very similar services. The Canadian Marketing Blog goes into some detail on how Banks should use marketing. Angel Chan’s blog talks about […]

Lululemon: Oprah’s Favourite

Posted by: | November 20, 2010 | 1 Comment

Lululemon Blog Juanita Ng’s Blog These blogs brought up an interesting thought. Tamar said something about getting the baby shoes on Oprah, but not being mentioned. Lululemon is probably going to have a massive spike in sales over the next few weeks, especially leading up to Christmas. Oprah has so much marketing power. People listen […]

Some comments on Erick’s Blog

Posted by: | November 17, 2010 | Leave a Comment

I read another comm 296 blog and felt I needed to respond to a few things Erick’s Blog Cars are really just a mode of transportation. However, the consumer could look at it as buying status or “looks”. As a mode of transportation, Hyundai probably provides pretty good value. The new Sonata looks pretty good. […]

Smaller Product Sizes, Same Prices

Posted by: | November 11, 2010 | Leave a Comment

I read a great article in the Vancouver Sun this past week. I immediately clipped it for my Comm 296 blog, but I lost it somewhere. Probably got recycled with all the other papers this week. Luckily, I found it on their site. http://www.vancouversun.com/Companies+making+products+smaller+their+prices/3791708/story.html This is really a good way to lower production costs and […]

The End of a Political Era

Posted by: | November 5, 2010 | Leave a Comment

Gordon Campbell is stepping down. The way that the Liberals implemented the HST led to people hating Gordon Campbell. I have to say, I did not follow all of the political stuff in the past. I do remember his drunk driving thing in Hawaii though. Marketing for political reasons is all about how people (voters) […]