When the word “Apple” is spoken it no longer is to talk about a delicious fruit, it is to take about the super power in the technology Apple Inc. I myself I’m currently writing this on an apple computer. However, this isn’t a blog about the brand new IPhone 6s or the new MacBook Air. This is about Steve Jobs and his memoir.

Early this week I took a little trip down to the UBC Bookstore and instead of just looking for a new sweater I decided to actually look at some books, specifically autobiographies. The one that caught my eye the most was titled simply “Steve Jobs” by Walter Isaacson. The simplicity of having the title just being his name is a powerful statement because he is relying on people having past knowledge of him and his name. Which for someone of Steve Jobs calibre isn’t that far fetch. The next thing the stuck out to me was the cover, which is a photo of Steve Jobs but not the older Steve Jobs with glasses we are used to seeing while he is still wearing the iconic black turtle neck this photo of Steve is a head shot from a long time ago. This younger Steve was very intriguing to me, it made me feel like was going to get the whole back story.  The final note about the hard copy text that stuck out to me was the glossiness of the print the publisher decided to use the book it self had a very shiny finish which made the book very inviting.

Next I switch to the online book store at Amazon.com. It was not hard to find The Steve Jobs autobiography. The first thing I notice was a difference between this one and the in person copy was on the amazon copy the cover photo was the classic iconic old Steve Jobs with: the black turtleneck with the circle glasses. I believe the use of this photo was to create more familiarity with the audiences because that is the Steve jobs the public is used to see presenting the new and greatest apple produces. A closer look at the website relieves that this book was a New York best seller. I am curious to why they didn’t mention that on the cover of the book that can be a very big draw for some readers. Over all this book is very appealing and it approachability makes it appealing to not just apple fan boys but a much larger audience.