Reflection Post

The ability of working in a team is an essential aspect in the todays business world. Although Sauder incorporates and puts a large emphasis on teamwork, I had never really understood the purpose. In my education, I automatically assumed that at the end of the day, it all comes down to evaluating individual skills.

Through working with randomized fellow classmates, I have gained major insight towards teamwork that I otherwise would not have. Firstly, I realized the importance of communication and cooperation. In my past experience, teamwork meant individual work multiplied by 4. We would simply split up the work load and stick with the same section. However, through the marketing assignments, I was exposed to a new perspective in teamwork,  where we all had a chance to look through the entire paper, and thus all had the same knowledge making it more effective to communicate and cooperate.

Another aspect that I believe worked well for our group was that most of us were not acquainted with each other.  Through experience of working with friends, I believe the overall outcome is much greater when working with people you initially are not acquainted with.  When good communication exists, there also exists poor communication, which can hinder group productivity. Although I did not see it much in our case, due to miscommunication, it is bound for some individuals to carry more work load than others. I believe whenever that happened in our group, we managed to split the latter work load accordingly. All in all, I would like to thank my team, for providing me with future insights and as I sincerely enjoyed working together. As a team, we were able to work effectively, efficiently and last but not least, with no major conflicts.