External Blog-A New Form of Entrepreneurship

It is true that entrepreneurs possess ambition, aggressiveness, toughness, curiosity, intelligence, and a strong worth ethic (Y Combinator); however, I believe that modern day entrepreneurs must also possess a level of creativity and uniqueness. It seems as though technology is becoming an increasingly useful tool for start-up companies, making online stores and blogs even more popular.

Cara Loren is a blog for fashion inspiration that I quite randomly stumbled upon a little while ago. I began to look at differently, in the sense that so many businesses can be promoted through sites such as these. Online platforms are an incredibly useful means to further promote your business, and yourself in that matter. Blogs are a way for people to make themselves popular and known for their ideas and in this case, fashion sense. I believe that people who are able to start blogs such as these are in a sense very much like entrepreneurs. Cara’s blog will soon give readers the opportunity to shop on the site; this is extremely ambitious as I believe that starting a successful blog is like starting your own business: one must attract readers and keep them interested. Better yet, some are even able to make money off of their popularity. I believe Cara will be successful in expanding this option to shop on her site. I commend those who can take their words and turn them into money. I admire Cara’s grit and determination, and can see her inner entrepreneurial side.

Check out Cara’s blog! Click here. 

Also, click here to see The Globe and Mail’s Canada’s 10 most remarkable small businesses – I can’t help but be reminded that successful bloggers must go through many of the same steps in becoming successful that small business must also accomplish. 

DAY_CARA_01slide1