≈≈≈ New Years Resolutions!!! ≈≈≈ (super late)

Hey guys! If I actually write/type down my resolutions this year, they’re most definitely going to come true….right? Here’s hoping 🙂

**edit: WOW I started this post a few days before New Year’s Eve with the full intention of finishing and posting on January 1st. However, I had the flu and a throat virus and was asleep for most of the first 2 days of 2014 🙁 . (and then i was lazy for a few days)

I can honestly say that 2013 was the most incredible, life-changing, emotional, and crazy year thus far in my life. Regardless of all the wonderfully great and painstaking difficult things that I’ve been through this year, there is NO DOUBT that my life has been changed momentously. With that being said, I have absolutely no idea what 2014 is going to bring, but I do have a few resolutions that I’m going to work towards:

1. Hit the gym

When I got home for break I HAD to do that super cliche, ceremonious weighing-in of myself to see how much of the Freshman 15 I gained. I mean, obviously you can feel and see yourself getting fatter but there’s nothing like the quantitative proof! Although my eating habits weren’t TERRIBLE for a college kid, I was WAY more SEDENTARY then I should have been. This year: gym membership and yoga classes!

2.   Hit the books

This year, I vow to read more books. I loooove reading but I just never get around to it. On the plus side, I got a brand-spanking-new Nook for Christmas. On the down side, my Canadian debit card doesn’t work on it. UGH. I will figure out a way to utilize it though.

3.   Manage my money

Oh my goodness I am sooo embarrassed at how much money I spent last term D: . This year, I’m going to force myself to stick to a monthly allowance and try to find a part-time job.

4.    Drink More H2O, less coffee!!

The water one makes my list of resolutions every year, and last year I’m proud to say I did drink a LOT more water. However, I also drank more coffee (ummm Starbucks and Tim Hortons within walking distance). And since coffee is terrible for water retention I always felt guilty that it was “canceling out” the water that I was drinking.

5.    Less time in, more time out

I think my biggest resolution of 2014 is to see more of the world and to make more of an impact on the world. Obviously I can’t do that if I’m in my room watching Netflix or something. I’d love to do volunteer work, intern, and generally make time to explore what lies out there.
What are your resolutions? Mine are pretty generic, but I really feel like I’m going to stick to them this year! Here’s hoping we all have a prosperous, healthy, and enjoyable 2014!!!

This entry was posted in Academics, Health, Social, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.