Katy at UBC

My second year at UBC!

Katy at UBC header image 2

Long Time No See / Alexandra Wallace

March 15th, 2011 by Katy

Ahh… I’m sorry I haven’t posted in so long, but let me explain! I literally haven’t been doing anything but schoolwork, and I doubt that would have been interesting for anyone.

To make up for it, here is a controversial story for you.

Have you heard of Alexandra Wallace? Well, her video has become instantly viral after she posted a video blog on YouTube this weekend. Entitled, “Asians in the Library,” this UCLA student goes on to speak about how the “hordes of Asians” at her school have a lack of “American manners,” and answer their phones in the library. She elaborates on this problem of Asian students saying that there are always “old Asian people running around in the dorms” doing their children’s laundry, cooking their food, etc. Now, some people are calling for her to be expelled from the school, but do you think this is going too far? Watch the video below and tell me what you think – should she be expelled, or was she simply expressing her views and exercising her freedom of speech?

x Katy

Tags: 5 Comments

Leave A Comment

5 responses so far ↓

• 1 Mary L. Mar 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm

There’s a pretty freaking hilarious parody response to her video, “White Girls in the Library”.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/white-girls-in-the-library

• 2 Katy Mar 15, 2011 at 12:27 pm

Haha I totally saw that last night, but yeah it made me laugh. 🙂

• 3 miriam Mar 15, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I think we should quit giving dumb people a perfect platform to speak. Look at that youtube video–it has a Google ad at the bottom. She’s getting PAYED because she’s getting so many views on this video, probably from people who actually disagree with her..

• 4 Katy Mar 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm

She took the original video down a couple of hours after she posted it – the video I linked to was reposted by someone else, but I understand what you mean.

• 5 Tyler Mar 24, 2011 at 11:09 am

I feel bad for her, actually. I’m planning on posting something on this later.