Corporation with NO Heart. NO Passion.

Maybe there’s no such country like Korea. It’s a country that developed so rapidly that I.T. and shipbuilding industry are ranking number one in the world and ranking top ten among car manufacturing countries. Recently G20 Seoul Summit was held in Korea and back in October, Formula 1 was also held in Korea.
Two major worldwide events were held in a row in Korea and the entire universe focused its interest on Korea. Yes the G20 Seoul Summit was very successful (in my point of view) but what about F1? It was total lack of interest. Why is motorsports so not popular in Korea when Koreans are so enthusiastic about soccer and baseball? I say it’s because of Korea’s automobile manufacturers.

Motorsports is where car manufacturers compete each other by using their best technology, knowledge, and experience. Among all the motorsports, F1 is where car manufacturers show their ability to the limit. Do you think Ferrari spends millions and billions of dollars just for fun? Or just to win? Every technology that was developed and the knowledge and experience gained from F1 are reflected to the road cars they make. And that’s why Ferraris’ are superior.
Hyundai? I’d say a selfish corporation who sells cars and never tells you how to enjoy cars. When BMW, VW, and Audi opened driving schools and taught people how to drive properly and how to enjoy driving, what were you guys doing? When they opened these campaigns didn’t you guys feel anything? True Prestige? Just by saying it? Just through advertisements?
Not only this. Did Hyundai or Kia ever make a toy car for kids? BMW, MB, Audi, Porsche, Toyota, and even Hummer. Do you know why these companies care about making toy car for kids? Its called marketing which you guys suck at. If a kid grows up riding a Hyundai toy car, when he grows up would he say, “Hyundai sucks.” Or would he go like, “Oh… I remember riding my Hyundai toy car! Such a great memory.” You people (Hyundai) do it only if it makes money…Pathetic.

Oh…wait! So you guys know about motorsports? You guys built the Genesis Coupe? You call that a sports car when its made out of a Genesis Sedan platform? Oh but they’re saying its still a sports car because there’s a Genesis Coupe race. But it’s only composed of Genesis Coupes. What are you going to do by racing bunch of Genesis Coupes? Will there be gain in technology, knowledge, or experience? Never. Hyundai doesn’t even support these events. Guess why Hyundai doesn’t involve Genesis Coupe in other races. Because they’re afraid of loosing to Porsche or BMW on the track. Then why don’t you guys build a proper car and get involved in motorsports and show the world Hyundai’s ability!

In Korea, Hyundai maximizes its profit by lowering the unit cost of production as low as possible and selling the car at a much expensive price. In North America, Hyundai sells the same cars at half the price and gives almost lifetime warranty. They earn lots and lots of money. Honestly, they’re doing well. A corporation’s primary objective is to maximize its profit. But since they’ve reached that objective, they should make a “proper” car so that they can become a “proper” automobile manufacturer rather than continuing to unscrupulously quest for profit.
Despite the fact that Hyundai increases the price tag every year, many Koreans still purchase their cars from them. Compared to the price they pay, consumer benefit is gradually decreasing. Comprehending customer needs and wants and reflecting that to make a product. Using social marketing. I knew about these before I came to Sauder and I’m learning in depth about these through my first year classes at Sauder. I guess Hyundai doesn’t have people who achieved a BCom degree.

This entry was posted in Business. Bookmark the permalink.