About

View from 10th floor of Buchanan Tower, looking North.

Bio:

Kevin Milligan is Professor of Economics in the Vancouver School of Economics at the University of British Columbia, and is also affiliated with the C.D. Howe Institute and the National Bureau of Economic Research. Since 2011, he has served as Co-Editor of the Canadian Tax Journal.

He studied at Queen’s University and the University of Toronto, receiving his Ph.D. in 2001. His thesis was awarded the 2002 National Tax Association dissertation award, and he is a two-time winner of the Purvis Prize.

His research spans the fields of public and labour economics, with a focus on the economics of children and the elderly, as well as other tax and labour market policy topics.

About this blog:

I’ve created this blog as a supplement to other public places where I place material online. Here, I intend to put things that don’t naturally fit elsewhere.

My academic website is here, where you can find teaching materials, my CV, and links to my research.

My twitter feed can be read here.

My conflict disclosure can be found here.

I am proud that UBC has such a strong policy on academic freedom for UBC community members. But, to my mind, such broad freedom comes with responsibility. So, I strive to adhere to the UBC Statement on Respectful Environment for Students, Faculty and Staff in my public communications.