It’s Twitter, not Tweeter!

by kimdomil

It has been announced that Twitter is finally going public and many investors are beyond excited. Anxious buyers have mistakenly bought Tweeter Audio and Video shares believing that they were purchasing shares from the social media site, Twitter. Tweeter Audio and Video was once a healthy and growing nationwide retailer until 2007 when they filed bankruptcy. The announced ticker symbol Twitter: TWTR is very similar to the ticker of Tweeter: TWTRQ. It is believed that the very similar ticker symbols were the cause of the misunderstandings. Last Friday, October 4th, Tweeter saw its stock price rise 684 percent.

It is evident that there are many investors that interested in purchasing shares from Twitter. I think that the company has a lot of growth potential and I would consider investing in their company. I personally am a religious user of Twitter and could not go a day without at least looking through my feed. Twitter has had a very strong and consistent presence amongst mobile users for the past couple of years. I too am excited for Twitter’s IPO.

Notes: Week 7- Stocks &IPOSÂ