Review: Education? Hmmm…

Vishal Shangari‘s blog post on the debate of the relevance of post secondary education is interesting. He asks a rhetorical question about the importance of school as if further education isn’t necessary after graduating high school because people can easily find labour jobs. His statements are true, but I have a different perspective towards the importance of pursuing post secondary education. Young people, just out of high school, may earn a reasonable cost of living through labour payments, but are they thinking and viewing themselves earning expenses in the next 1o to 20 years? Although education cost is significantly high and in may cases, unaffordable, I believe post secondary education is important for the long term goal in life to have better chances to find a secure, profitable job (unlike labour, which is dangerous and temporary). The decision is, really, upon the individual. Live rich during young, passionate years/starve when weak and old or suffer during young when you are full of energy and motivation/ live rich when weak and old. Personally, I find it wise to run for the second life goal.

or

Which life do you prefer?