Current/Past Use of Social Media

In the past, I have used MySpace and Friendster but I do not have those accounts anymore. I used MySpace more frequently and I think that is where I got started with expanding to different types of social media.

I started using Facebook and Twitter because my friends encouraged it and those seem to be the two tools I use the most. I mainly use Facebook to keep in touch with family from different parts of the world and it is a great way for me to stay connected to their usual activities. I use Twitter as a way of connecting with friends and I like that it is a quick snippet of the events that are happening in their lives. I also use Tumblr to get the latest news on television shows or movies that I am interested in.

I have never used social media management tools like HootSuite or Netvibes, but it is something I will consider using since it is not always easy to keep track of my classmates’ notes on my own. That is something I will have to explore as the class progresses.

2 thoughts on “Current/Past Use of Social Media

1. Hi Kristine,

It’s interesting how often the decision to use social media is based on suggestions and pressure from friends. I really only consider trying something new when a bunch of people really try and talk me into it.

Colleen

• Hi Colleen,
      Yeah, my start into social media was definitely started because of friends – my friend even made my Facebook account for me. Then another friend set up my Twitter account… Hm… All other social media platforms I am currently on, I set up on my own though! Haha.
      -Kristine