Entrepreneurship at its finest.

Posted by: | November 14, 2012 | Leave a Comment

We all have our reasons to be at Sauder. Some are here to be an accountant, some are here to be a stock broker but we can’t deny a majority of us, aspire to be an entrepreneur.With the speeches by Eric Carlson and Amielle Lake, I got to thinking about various ways to be a quick billionaire like Mark Zuckerberg. Yet Vancouver Sun’s recent article on the topic of Entrepreneurship has led me to believe that I am on the wrong track. I believe that it’s true when they say that a majority of young inexperienced business school students try “to build cool technology, get a bunch of users, get funding and then figure out a model.” It seems bizarre to think that cool technology is not the way to go but it seems as if the Ms.Lake would agree. Throughout her speech she has mentioned several times that when she was coming up with the idea of Tagga, she had to listen to the demand of the market and re-evaluate the direction of the company. With that in mind I realized that the one thing an aspiring entrepreneur like me needs to have is the sense of realism. Although it is possible to solve a consumer need as well as Facebook, the more realistic and logical way to start a business is to take as much data as is available and analyze it until you are positive that your company is taking a step towards that one direction.

Bury / Sprouter, Erin. “The Vancouver Sun.” Www.vancouversun.com. Vancouver Sun, 30 Oct. 2012. Web. 14 Nov. 2012. <http://www.vancouversun.com/business/sprouter/MyCityLives pivots create business solution/7470830/story.html>.

Comments

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

Speak your mind