Biography

Hi everyone! My name is Leanna Chow and I am currently a fourth-year Bachelor of Arts student, majoring in the Interdisciplinary Studies. Vancouver has been my home for my entire life, and naturally, I was very excited to start studying at UBC just three years ago. However, it seems as though time has escaped me as I have now entered the last year of my undergraduate degree. I still remember the first two years of my studies, when I struggled with finding what I was passionate about. After dipping my toes into several different disciplines, I still felt directionless and confused. Fortunately, that quickly changed after I took my very first course that was related to the law. Funny enough, if you ask anyone in my life if they thought that I would want to become a lawyer, most of them would automatically shake their head and say no. I did not realize myself that I would have any interest in the law but it goes to show that one should always keep an open mind as we continue to grow and change as a person. Therefore, after discovering this newly found academic interest, I was extremely motivated and inspired to pursue a legal career. I am hoping that the next chapter in my life will be at UBC’s Peter A. Allard School of Law in order to continue my legal studies, and as I mentioned earlier, I decided to major in the Interdisciplinary Studies as its flexibility and freedom has allowed me to design a framework that is specifically focused on law and society. I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to take a variety of courses that has provided me with a foundation that I can hopefully take with me into law school.