six shots two guns

It’s that time of year when everyone cares about all of the movies, but this isn’t a post about any movie in itself. The Golden Globes are on right now, too, but this isn’t a post about that, either. Mostly because award shows really frustrate me – someone needs to give Leo DiCaprio an award for something, seriously, this is getting ridiculous, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg of Things That Make Me Angry About Award Shows.

I went to see Django Unchained last week and it is one seriously wonderful movie. It’s quick and funny and brutal and has the only ending that could ever have worked, and it’s not perfect, there are things to pick at, but man does it ever get close. But this post isn’t about that. I just want to talk about how wonderful the soundtrack to Django is.

The soundtrack moves between period-appropriate country-ish music, some beautiful jazz-y blues tracks, and a whole lot of fantastically anachronistic hip hop. The cutting of the soundtrack with the pictures is perfection, but the soundtrack on it’s own is a seriously perfect piece of work.

I am a soundtrack kind of person; I listen to them a lot when I’m studying.  Django kind of blows all of my favourites out of the water. That’s Tarantino for you, though, right?