About us | Welcome to our blog!

Hi, I am Diala Shaheen and I’m studying Food, Nutrition & Health in the Faculty of Land and Food Systems hoping to pursue a graduate degree in sport nutrition.  Other than human nutrition, I am interested in culinary arts and recreating traditional dishes with a healthy twist.

My name is Lauren Priest and I am in the faculty of LFS with a major in Food, Nutrition and Health. After my undergraduate studies, I hope to pursue a degree in Medicine. Outside of school, I love playing sports such as basketball and field hockey, hiking and volunteering.

Hi! I’m Renee Kong and I am studying Nutritional Sciences in the faculty of Land & Food Systems at the University of British Columbia. Besides being a full-time student, I enjoy exploring the outdoors & hiking, going to the gym, and spending time doing fitness-related activities. I aspire to become a dietitian and work with athletes, in the future.

Hi, my name is Ted Yu, and I am studying Nutritional Sciences at UBC.  I’ve always been interested in nutrition and how foods biochemically interact with our system ever since I was young.  There are still so many unknown areas in the nutrition discipline, so I’m really excited about my major.  Currently, I’m really into intermittent/long-term fasting and their effects on human’s fat metabolism.