Community Food Centres Canada (CFCC) provides ideas, resources and a proven approach to partner organizations across Canada to create Community Food Centres that bring people together to grow, cook, share, and advocate for good food. CFCC also works with the broader food movement to build greater capacity for impact and to empower communities to work toward a healthy and fair food system.
We are looking for a highly motivated and effective person to join our collaborative team. We need someone who is in equal part excited by the big-picture vision of what we are doing and by the details of what is required to make it happen — an idealist and a pragmatist. This person will liaise with partner Community Food Centres and will act as a conduit for the flow of information and resources between the centres and CFCC. S/he will be flexible enough to adapt to the ever-evolving environment of a start-up. The successful candidate will be hardworking, diplomatic, organized, analytical and strategic, and will have a solid background in food issues and project management.
• Track, analyze and respond to inquiries from potential partner sites
• Manage partner relationships (including selection, application, agreement, program and financial reporting, collaboration and review process)
• Write grant proposals and fulfill reporting requirements
• Collaborate on developing and implementing a training approach, schedule and supportive resources for partner sites
• Help coordinate communication between partner sites, and with CFCC staff
• Contribute to the development of resources aimed at program development for partner sites
• Field, track and distribute requests for information from partners
• Collaborate on creating a structured approach to supporting partner learning and networking
• Contribute to broader team work on administration, communications, evaluation, fundraising and budgets
• Travel to partner sites will be required
• 5+ years of project management experience in community-based / non-profit organizations
• 3+ years of community-based food programing experience
• University degree in a related area, or equivalent experience
• Extensive experience with grant writing and reporting
• Demonstrated experience with program planning and evaluation
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience with budgeting and financial systems/procedures
• Knowledge of community-based food programs and understanding of hunger/poverty/food system issues
• Experience with curriculum development or knowledge dissemination an asset
• Solid experience with a variety of software, e.g. Powerpoint, Excel, web-based databases
Position details: This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week) permanent position
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 annually (+ benefits) based on experience.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by June 4, 2014, specifying Program Manager in the subject line.
CFCC is committed to employment equity and encourages applicants from equity-seeking groups. Only those applicants being considered will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in CFCC.