The Meal Exchange National Student Food Summit is Canada’s largest student food leadership retreat. Students from across Canada come together to share experience, connect with experts and work with the Meal Exchange network to build more just and sustainable food systems on their own campuses and across Canada.
Delegates at the 2015 National Student Food Summit: Leadership Retreat will participate in a powerful weekend of:
- Digging Into the Canadian Food Movement: Key leaders of Canada’s food movement will present on the latest approaches that they are using to tackle food system sustainability and food insecurity.
- Bringing it back to campus: Connect big picture issues with campus-based solutions. Engage with applied strategies and programming developed for specifically for student leaders to mobilize campus communities and create food systems change.
- Leadership Development: Workshops on strategic planning, group facilitation, creative event planning for student engagement, leveraging opportunities with foodservice providers, institutional policy and engaging community stakeholders.
- Network Connection: Meet new partners in both the national student and the broader food movement! Enjoy group meals, and social time to connect with new friends.
- Planning for the future: Leave with new friends, concrete skills, and action plans for change on campus come September.
This is more than a conference, it’s the beginning of a journey that will build your skills, and networks, and contribute to a more sustainable and equitable food system.
Visit the Summit website for registration information.
If you plan to attend the National Student Food Summit and wish to speak to someone about how to prepare for and make the most of your conference experience, please feel free to connect with the LFS Student Engagement Officer, Karla Carreras (firstname.lastname@example.org)!