Why I’m doing a Mental Health Week: Day 3

Welcome to Day 3 of my week of mental health. If you’re new to my mental health week, I started it on Sunday after discovering BuzzFeed’s launch of their own mental health week across multiple languages, mediums, and topics. As a grad student at UBC, I’m trying to connect each of my posts on mental health with my UBC student experience in the hopes of helping to spread some love, joy, fresh insights, thoughts, and inspiration of my own with one of the most important communities in my life: UBC students.

Without further ado, here is a famous quote that I am constantly re-reminded of and repeat to myself in times of mental and physical distress.

Inspiring Quote

Take, leave, or replace the “God” part. The sentiment is the same any way and I think of it as a life-long journey. So as you study hard for your final exams, submit your applications for grad school, write your final papers, and design your art projects and business plans, repeat this gem of wisdom to yourself. My tip? Once the paper is submitted and the exam is done, you have done your work and you cannot change it. So, breathe deeply, pat yourself on your back, and allow yourself the courage to take care of yourself and put you first. You deserve it.

Find me on Twitter & Instagram and let’s follow each other!

#MentalHealth