“English is easy!”

The above statement is: True/False. Select one.

If you selected False, love me. (Or not. Love is, after all, an optional affair.)

If you selected True, consider my homework:

4th March: Read 3 stories and analyse (just got this 10 minutes ago and not at all if I didn’t check my email).
5th March: Go to meeting about English Honours.
6th March: 2 page posting/essay on A Room of One’s Own.
7th March: 4 page critical reading assignment, excluding bibliography. Read 3 poems or stories (I haven’t looked yet). 1 page abstract (got this today as well).

10th March: 1 page paper proposal involving 4 other sources. Read Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Book review and 2 chapters for Anth (the only non-English homework I have right now).
11th March: Read Their Eyes Were Watching God.
12th March: Read Running in the Family.
13th March: Volunteer. 2 page close-reading assignment. 2 page essay/posting on Portrait.
14th March: Comment card for Anthropology (very minor).

And I either have 2 or 3 Chinese mid-terms in the week of 10th March or the one following. Then the next major event will be handing in a research portfolio (for which I should be working from now until then), a summary statement and a final essay all on the 31st of March. After that I’ll just have 2 other major papers and a couple more of those postings to do. And, of course, reading a novel or two every week, but that’s a minor detail.

I know that a list of work is boring to read to nth degree, particularly since this is probably a very normal or even a light workload, but I promise this won’t happen again (mainly because I just wrote everything down). Since I just got two new assignments today, my little plan for the week fell apart quite completely and I need a new one, hence listing to help me sort things out in my brain.

And, perhaps, also my slightly irritated backlash at people who say they want to transfer to Arts because it’s easy. Now I never claimed that Sciences or Commerce are easy and I admire how much time and effort must be put into them, but I also want to direct people to my homework and make them do it for me, plzthx!

7 responses to ““English is easy!”