Oh ho ho

So apparently I am a bad judge about myself.

I got an email on Monday offering me both the Gala group leader and the Imagine MUG leader positions. This was a pleasant surprise, doubly so given that I didn’t apply to be a MUG leader. After further consideration, I stuck to my original plan and asked to just be a Gala leader. I have grand plans about keeping in touch with my Gala group, and doing fun things if any of them are willing. Kind of like an informal International Peer Program thing.

Speaking of which, as soon as I have time to breathe, I have got to start thinking about what kind of leadership positions and activities I want to be doing next term. Applications for all sorts of things are going underway now and I must decide what role I want for myself, and just as importantly, how much time I have to spare.

Unfortunately I had to quit Trek, partly because it was eating up my time (four hours a week including travelling time) and I was severely behind on my schoolwork ever since it began. Trek in itself is manageable; Trek coupled with my previous volunteering commitment is impossible, so I had to pick and choose. Of course, I’m now also guilt-stricken because I never used to be so non-committal. Some elegant planning is required to alleviate myself from negative feelings next year!

Because cooking will also take a lot of time, considering how little I know about the art. It’ll be quite the learning experience. I’m taking applications for guinea pigs, by the by!

And before I forget, my current most pressing problem regarding moving out of rez is that I have no idea where I can practise the piano anymore. Does anyone know if the Music Building offers a public piano room of sorts?

(I think I should make an Off-Campus Life category. For now, I will classify this under Wellness and Sustainability as it is a most important matter of sustaining my own well-being. Very clever, not really.)

3 responses to “Oh ho ho