Excel, I do not

I wish Go Global would get back to me on my summer school status soon. It will be good to make concrete plans for the summer. Right now, everything’s up in the air.

I’m skimming through job positions right now, though. Many job applications have already come and gone. Most of the time, I just read them to see what kind of qualifications people are looking for, and I’m getting increasingly nervous. Literacy with Microsoft Word? Easy job. Excel and Access, on the other hand? Uh…

See, the first and last time I used Access was in Year 9 (Grade 8). I’ve forgotten how to use it by now. The same goes for Excel — the complex formulas are gone and all I use it for now is to keep track of my monthly expenses. It’s somewhat irregular given that I don’t spend every day and I like to split up what I bought or spent by category, so one day might have six entries. If allowed to play around with Excel, I think I could work out how to do what I’m told. To do it immediately, though, is currently beyond me. I’m studying the Excel Help categories and online tutorials, but it’s all rather overwhelming right now.

Also quite scared about whether I’ll be able to get into Arts Co-op, and whether I’ll be able to get a job after getting in with this incapacity. I’ve never had an official job before so this freaks me out; volunteer work I’ve done plenty. I need to start somewhere and gain these basic skills, but where?

3 responses to “Excel, I do not