A View from the Bench

a view from the bench

Armed with a bottle of water and a tube of sunscreen, I brought my books out to a bench today to study in preparation for my exam tomorrow. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m terrible when it comes to studying indoors on a sunny day, so I thought I might as well be productive while sitting in the sun.

And I was.

Honestly, I can’t wait until this exam is over and I can be free to do all the summery things I want to do in the next two weeks:

• go to Lonsdale Quay
  • visit the UBC Farm Market
  • cycle in Stanley Park
  • walk home from UBC
  • sit and read on Granville Island
  • walk up and down Granville Street
  • attend a slam poetry session at Cafe Deux Soleils
  • go to the beach — and the list goes on.

That list doesn’t cover the things I need to do as well, such as sort out a banking problem, prepare to move back into rez, and deal with The Return of the Wasps — we had a wasp nest by our chimney and pest control dealt with them, but they have come back and I am infuriated at this invasion of my territory. I’m actually petrified of them, but there are unfortunately three waiting to be killed, so I’m off to do that now.

(Oh yes, and the title of this post is in reference to Arthur Miller’s A View from the Bridge, which I don’t actually care all that much about, but he is the author of the wonderful All My Sons and The Crucible, which is one of my favourite plays. Ever.)