Things I Love Thursday

It struck me that I almost forgot about this week’s Things I Love Thursday post. Well, we can’t have that! Happy things > stress any day.

This first one’s also pretty easy:

SARA BAREILLES LIVE, OMG. Yup yup, that’s right: I went to her concert in Vancouver on Monday night and had a blast. She is a great performer and evidently believes deeply in the concept of ‘fun’. Also, she writes lovely slow, happy songs and upbeat, sad ones. (Amazon is selling her latest album for $1.99 as part of Black Friday sales. Need I say more?)

♥ Has anyone seen the moon lately? As large as a dinner plate, round, and silver or gold depending on the evening, it hangs low almost every night as if to say hello.

♥ I had an internal social event with a volunteer group the other night, and one of our volunteers made The Best Nachos Ever. My mouth waters just thinking about them now.

♥ I have a new tin of cocoa, courtesy of my brother dear. Technically, it’s for my several baking plans post-exams, but I don’t see why I can’t have a mug of cocoa every now and then — you know, as a reward for studying. Or just because.

♥ Whatever I may think of black ice, the deathly cold, the long waits for buses at night, etc, I still think that falling snow is magic.

♥ My friend sent me a link to some gorgeous entries in the National Geographic photo contest. They are breathtaking.

♥ I still have my yellow helium-filled balloon! I’m so pleased!

♥ Lastly, this cute picture by Brock Davis I found while browsing a blog:

Child tornado asking adult tornado if they can keep a cow for a pet

6 responses to “Things I Love Thursday