Things I Love Thursday

First off… Happy Lunar New Year! Now it’s the Year of the Rabbit, if you were wondering when that starts.

Unfortunately, I have been sick the whole past week and tragically missed out on New Year dinners. Nor did I manage to go home and have dinner with my brother, as I was planning, but hey, I can rectify that later on this week.

In the meantime:

♥ The last few days of sunshine and blue skies have been utterly lovely. My room in Marine faces south, so I get to bask in actual heat and feel myself coming alive. I must have been a plant in another life.

♥ First I was madly addicted to John Mayer’s ‘Half of My Heart‘ and was listening to it on repeat for several days, and now I’m back to Bruno Mars’s ‘Just the Way You Are’.

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk]

♥ After a year and a half on Fido, I just realised that my unlimited outgoing texts includes all Canadian wireless numbers, and not just Vancouver ones. I can’t believe I didn’t find this out earlier! But I have since happily started texting to Toronto. You know how sometimes you don’t realise how much you miss someone until they pop into your life again? Having a loved one just that much closer is fantabulous.

♥ I’ve been reconnecting with a few other friends as well — a phone call, a Skype date, an email, an online chat, even a Facebook comment — these all go towards the emotional bank accounts we keep with one another.

♥ I love the kind of poetry that sends shivers down my spine.

♥ I also love the earth when it’s frozen solid and I can make crunchy shortcuts across ice-crisp grass to class.

♥ I don’t know if I ever mentioned, but I adore my rain boots. They are half a size too big so I am always tripping over my own feet, but it is shocking how I can now walk straight through puddles without fear of getting wet! When I am quite better, I plan to go puddle jumping.

祝你们新年快乐,身体健康,工作顺利,学习进步,家庭平安,心想事成!(Loosely translated, that would be me wishing you happiness, health, success in work, school, family, and anything else you want.)

4 responses to “Things I Love Thursday