Things I Love Thursday

Once in a while, I find myself thinking on the same theme from different angles over and over. This week, it’s all about the stars (interspersed with other things):

♥ Here’s a beautiful thought from Lawrence Krauss:

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded. And the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics. You are all stardust. You couldn’t be here if stars hadn’t exploded. Because the elements, the carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, iron, all the things that matter for evolution weren’t created at the beginning of time. They were created in the nuclear furnaces of stars. And the only way they could get into your body is if the stars were kind enough to explode. So forget Jesus. The stars died so you could be here today.

♥ I was catching the shuttle bus back home last Friday night and the very nice bus driver brought me all the way to the driveway of Marine Drive residence because they shut off Agronomy Road and Southwest Marine Drive is pitch black at night, what with no lamp-posts. How kind!

♥ How the stars shine, even through all the light pollution.

♥ The fascinating Biomimicry: Innovation Inspired by Nature by Janine Benyus, on learning from nature’s designs and implementing them in human ways. It’s a little dated in parts — it was published in 1997 — but I love the philosophy, her enthusiasm, and her beautiful, clear writing.

♥ The wonderful Pride Parade on Sunday and my new collection of party beads to remember it by.

♥ Thai green curry: my latest craving. I’ve literally been eating it everyday since Sunday, yet I’ve started dreaming about it anyway.

♥ My lovely friend who visited me yesterday while I was incapacitated.

♥ This cover of Coldplay’s ‘Yellow’ by Sara Bareilles — although I love the original best when I’m in an upbeat mood, this mellows me out on tired days:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Pqc_hpkJc]

6 responses to “Things I Love Thursday