Things I Love Thursday

On a less cross note than my last post, my weekly list of reasons to smile:

♥ My mother is in town and we’ve been having dinner together as a family for the last few days. My father is joining us tomorrow and I can’t wait to have all of us in the same house again.

Hyperbole and a Half is a hilarious comic blog that’s been around for a while but which I’ve only just discovered. Favourite posts so far are ‘Dog’, ‘Dogs Don’t Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving’ and ‘How a Fish Almost Destroyed My Childhood’. Check them out for a laugh! (Thanks for the recommendation, Dan!)

♥ The beautiful autumn weather we’ve been having lately.

♥ Started helping children learn to read last week and love it. Six-year-olds are adorable.

♥ While I haven’t watched many musicals, a great love of mine is Les Misérables, and one of my favourite performances is the finale of the 10th Anniversary Concert:

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpkTgMbhRU]

By the way, if you’re around the Student Union Building tomorrow, check out the Speakeasy art project/message board that will be going on in the South Concourse from 11:30 am to 3:30 pm (as part of Thrive Week). There will be lots of smiles, colour and a tree, and my volunteers promise it will be lots of fun!

One response to “Things I Love Thursday