Because I love her that much

Firstly, a happy birthday to one of my very best friends in the world! Taking that summer co-op at YMCA Camps was one of the smartest decisions I’ve ever made — or rather, one of the luckiest, because who am I kidding? I didn’t know I was going to meet so many wonderful people and laugh that often. Your acceptance and support has meant so much to me over the past few years and I count you on my list of blessings everyday. I wish you love and happiness and mouthwatering food every day of your life!

Secondly, congratulations to all the November graduates of 2011! Today marks the beginning of the three-day fall convocation. To commemorate, I’ve decided to post one of my favourite graduation speeches for each of these three days. Mostly because I really wanted to repost this particular speech, and also to make a birthday present of it to my friend — I give you Ellen DeGeneres at Tulane in 2009:

follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path — unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path, then by all means you should follow that

Finally, an FYI to non-graduating Arts students: the graduation receptions will be in the Buchanan courtyard, so you’ll probably need to factor that in when going to class for the next few days!

3 responses to “Because I love her that much