Hello!

I work at the University of British Columbia (UBC) as a Sessional Lecturer in the Department of Educational Studies and as an International Student Advisor in Student Affairs. UBC is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) people.

I am a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant (RCIC) (member in good standing with the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants).* I serve on Canada’s Pathways to Prosperity Standing Committee of Students and Junior Scholar Engagement, as well as UBC’s Scholars at Risk Advisory Committee. From 2021-22 I served on UBC’s Centre for Migration Studies Executive Committee.

In December 2022, I defended my PhD dissertation; the degree will be conferred in May 2023.

Contact: lisa.brunner@ubc.ca

*Verify Status with the CICC. Note that I do not represent private clients; if you need Canadian immigration advice, see the People’s Law School and go here and here to learn more about hiring a representative. If you need help finding a lawyer, see the Lawyer Referral Service. If you can’t afford representation, you may qualify for support from the Legal Services Society’s legal aid program, the UBC Law Students’ Legal Advice Program, and Access Pro Bono. Some may also qualify for support from the Immigration & Refugee Legal Clinic, the MOSAIC Legal Advocacy Program, and/or Rainbow Refugee. My Refugee Claim is a guide for claimants in Canada. UBC students and alumni can access International Student Advising services and read about permanent residency here.