How the modern workforce is changing business culture: Digveer’s analysis (Peer response 1)

I read Digveer’s analysis on the modern workforce changing business patterns, and I personally think that he has done a great job in analyzing the current corporate scenario.

shamrock-organisation-He made all his points clear and one thing that just made me so eager to comment on his blog was that he said that; “now days it doesn’t matter where you get the work done as long as you get it done!” yes, true to an extent, but i also feel that the workplace adds a value to the quality of work that is being done by the employee. for an example, an employee may choose to flexi- work for his/her conveniences, but I am pretty sure that the quality of work done outside his workplace wont be as good as compared to the work he does within the workplace. A few studies have also commented that flexible working pattern is good for a business. On the other hand, it is also very good for a business to have a flexible workforce as workers get to work in their conveniences and business doesn’t have to pay alot of wages to keep them when they aren’t in need.

It is also stated in the Charles handy shamrock theory that in order for a business to have a successful workforce it should have the three key elements; 1)core workforce, 2)Flex workers, 3)Freelance contractors.

Having said these, I personally feel that Digveer have understood the concept of modern workforce and its implications to businesses.

To read Digveers blog post on changing workforce patterns, please click here: https://blogs.ubc.ca/digveersingh/2014/09/23/how-the-modern-workforce-is-changing-business-culture/