iPhone 4 FaceTime

How can FaceTiming have the power to influence a consumer to feel positive? I mean, it’s only webcam, what is so special about it?

Well then, you’re mistaken if you think iPhone 4 FaceTime is pointless. I have fallen in love with the iPhone 4 and I always enjoy FaceTiming with my friends. After watching this ad, I realize that the ad has successfully accomplished the Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs in marketing to the consumers.

YouTube Preview Image

Typically when teenagers (or anyone) first get their braces, it is uncomfortable and could be humiliating. One feels insecure about their image, exactly how the daughter portrays herself. However, according to this iPhone 4 advertisement, many individuals can relate to it because they have experienced what the daughter is going through, the embarrassing “wire-teeth smile” which could lower one’s self-esteem. For consumers, even myself, this ad emits a thoughtful environment. The factors that has met Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs are:

Self-Actualization: The dad’s reassuring words influence the daughter to not feel embarrassed of how she looks when she smiles. Of course I can’t tell whether the daughter is completely satisfied with her life, but the ad allows my thinking process to lead to this accusation.

Esteem: With the dad’s reassurance about the daughter’s smile, it gives back the daughter’s self-esteem with her new braces and to feel satisfied with her look.

Love: FaceTiming allows the daughter and dad to communicate and bond, the daily interaction for anyone’s needs. Their family love is nicely illustrated in this ad.