Who Lives In a Pineapple Under the Sea?!

All commercials are produced to target specific consumers; in my opinion the most interesting commercials are the ones that focus on children.

Today my friends and I were comparing how McDonalds Happymeal commercials rarely show in Canada while in Japan their marketing style is opposite. Take a look at this appealing Spongebob Happymeal toy!

YouTube Preview Image

This McDonalds commercial illustrates the marketers’ intentions of encouraging children’s enthusiastic perception and attitude from obtaining a toy. Demographically, it targets toward the young children who posses the mindset to obtain anything they find appealing on television.

The kids in the commercial portray an over the top exciting attitude towards the toy. Children watching this commercial influences them to desire the toy, therefore they would nag their parents to buy Spongebob. More specifically, when a child wants something they would nag for it until the parent would finally give up and agree to buy it for them.

Not only is the commercial adorable, but it portrays the Spongebob toy so amazing that it can talk when you drink from the straw or lift the cup as though it has a mind of its own.