Vending Machines for Makeup

There was a time when I woke up in the morning, started preparing for school as usual, and then I came to realize that my daily makeup essentials, such as eyeliner and mascara, are all used up. From then on, I thought to myself: what happened if Sephora did not exist?! Deliberating about where I should buy my makeup, there was a brief time in which I had thought that it wouldn’t matter, many places such as The Bay, Murale, or even Shoppers would have their own boutique. Personally, I really like the way Sephora designed their stores; they often set up testers, allowing customers to try out makeup remover and any other products that come from the store. Because of these facts, I believe that Sephora has a successful and well-branded multichannel strategy. The first time I heard about Sephora was when I was shopping in their store which had me discovering their store website. The site in my opinion served the best way to deliver their information to customers. Each product I clicked on provided me the details of related products that may interest me, ingredients in case customers have the fear of getting allergies from the materials, ratings and review to prove that the products actually work, and even a Faceboook site. Ordering from Sephora is also convenient with price and quantity – therefore, purchasing cosmetics through the store is simple and efficient. Finally, the most fascinating way of purchasing Sephora products is from the vending machines I have encountered at the Las Vegas Airport.

I have only seen vending machines for food, drinks, and toys, but never for cosmetics. Because of this surprising incident, I recognized that Sephora is successful in their multichannel strategy. To put it simply, when I got off the plane looking tired and weary, I had a vending machine to my convenience! What do you guys think, are vending machines suitable for cosmetic products?