Reflection comm 296

Marketing, the only business course that I thought was unnecessary and irrelevant. I thought marketing should be an arts course just because it’s easy and basic common sense. Advertising and sales are the only two things that came to my mind when I thought about marketing and I thought only creative people can do this, so why is it a business course? After taking commerce 296:intro to Marketing, my perception about marketing changed completely and now I believe that marketing is the most important field in the business world. Thanks to Prof. Rui and the marketing assignments that were an eye opener for me.

My team and I chose ‘TELUS’ for our marketing assignments. Assignment 3 was one of the most stressful assignments this semester; it occupied most of my time. It was the most challenging one because I have never worked on a video before and the process for making the video was very long and stressful. It was a long procedure but a very interesting one through which I learned a lot of new things that I know would help me a lot in my business career. I was lucky with my team because everybody was hardworking, which made this roller coaster ride a little bit smoother. I learned how to create videos, edit them and compile all the information in a way that shows its value to the viewer in the most organized way. I polished my skills on how to analyze a company and its marketing strategy, how to work in a team so that our skills are used in the best possible way. To wrap it up, I thoroughly enjoyed assignment 3 and learned a lot from it.

Introduction to marketing has made me realise how much i like and enjoy marketing. I was a typical business student who comes to business school to study accounting and finance because that is what business is all about. But this course changed my thought process and I might consider marketing as my major.

5 thoughts on “Reflection comm 296

1. clinica de recuperação

Tratamento Dependência Química
    Tratamento Alcoolismo
    Tratamento Dependência de Cocaína
    Tratamento Dependência Heroína
    Tratamento da Dependência em Maconha
    Tratamento Dependência de Crack
    Tratamento Dependência em LSD
    Tratamento da Dependência em Ecstasy
    Tratamento da Dependência em Cigarro