Getting Ready for School… By Going to the States

Hi everyone welcome to my first blog post!

I hope I’ll have enough things to write about this school year since my life isn’t that exciting but I think my first year at UBC will be quite eventful.

Last week I went with my older sister to get my U-Pass and UBC Card. There wasn’t even a line to get UBC cards so I got mine really quickly! Unfortunately, my UBC card picture is kind of bad but I’ll have to suck it up for a few years.

liam and harry omg

I’ve always felt that UBC is really big and confusing but my sister showed me around and helped me find my first semester classes so I feel less lost now. I still find the campus confusing but at least I know where my classes are! I’m  definitely looking forward to the campus tour during Imagine Day tomorrow, hopefully I’ll feel more comfortable for my first day of classes.

My family went on a trip to Seattle for three days this past weekend. We went sightseeing around downtown Seattle and of course, shopping. I was really looking forward to some back to school shopping so we were lucky enough to find a hotel across from this huge mall called Westfield Southcenter in Tukwila. I live in Burnaby and I always go to Metrotown, and this mall is almost as big as Metrotown so I was very satisfied.  We went to West Southcenter two days in a row which gave me plenty of time to get some clothes and get a new backpack. On our last day we stopped by the Seattle Premium Outlets, it’s known for its brand name stores with amazing deals. I got a lot of clothes from there since they were having really good Labour Day Weekend sales. If you have some spare time and want to get some shopping done there’s a bus that does round trips from Vancouver to Seattle with a stop at the Seattle Premium Outlets. I’ve never tried it myself but here’s a link if you’re interested! http://www.quickcoach.com/index.htm

There was a Target right beside our hotel so I went a bit crazy buying school supplies. They have a way better selection and better prices than the Targets we have up here in Canada. Target was having a big sale on school supplies so I stocked up on lots of notebooks!

photo

After my trip to Seattle, I feel I am well rested and ready for Imagine Day and my very first week at UBC! The email I got from UBC last week about Imagine Day was very helpful and I’m looking forward to it.  Even though it is the last day of summer vacation, it’s still exciting to start a new chapter in my life.