IMAGINE DAY #IAMUBC

I was a bit nervous about Imagine Day on Monday night but I was excited for a fresh start at university.

I got up at 6:15am to get ready for Imagine Day. I thought we had to meet our orientation leaders right at 8:30am so I didn’t want to be late. It turns out we could’ve met up with them at anytime between 8:30-9:00am.

The day was going smoothly since my bus arrived on time, but as the bus drove over to the UBC bus loop, I looked out the window… RAIN!

HarryMarcel - shocked

As much as I love the rain…I WAS REALLY HOPING IT WOULDN’T RAIN ON IMAGINE DAY. However I was wearing a windbreaker and I brought a small umbrella just in case so I was prepared.

After I met up with my friendly orientation leader and met the rest of my orientation group we went over to the Chan Centre for the Meet the Dean session. The dean gave a nice speech to welcome us to the Faculty of Arts, but my favourite part was when the cute Arts Owl came out!

photo 1

The rest of the day consisted of a campus tour, meet a professor session, lunch, and a pep rally. It was pouring rain all day so I didn’t get to many good pictures outside.

During the pep rally I felt my the people around me weren’t too pumped and I felt a bit awkward at times.

awkward dancing harry

But the pep rally was still cool. Some faculties (like Engineering) were super pumped!

photo 5

I liked the music and the speeches were interesting to listen to. UBC’s President, Professor Gupta even accepted the ASL Ice Bucket Challenge!

photo

My favourite part of the day was when my orientation leader took us to the Buchanan Courtyard to get free swag such as clipboards and water bottles.

yeahhhh narry

Overall Imagine Day was nice despite the bad weather. I liked meeting new people and getting more familiar with UBC.