Back at UBC… First Year vs. Second Year

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted! My summer was pretty productive as I got a part-time job.Ā I also haven’t been on campus in months, but September came in a flash. My first couple of weeks of school have been fine, I’m just getting used to being back at school since I had 4 months off. I have to admit that things aren’t as exciting as they were in first year, however I do like the comfort of being more familiar with life at UBC. And I’m always thankful that I get to call UBC’s beautiful campus my school šŸ™‚

Some things that are different this year compared to last year

• I got to sleep in on Imagine Day andĀ I had the opportunity walk around and get a good look atĀ the clubs at Imagine Day (and get someĀ free swag)

this is amazing - mindy

• I haven’t gotten lost yet
  • My classes don’t start as early as last year and I also end earlier too. As a result,Ā I don’t have very long breaks like I did last year (I have a 30 min break) so I get a bit hungry sometimes but I always remember to pack snacks!
  • I’m more willing to join clubs. Last year I felt too lazy/intimidated to join clubs but this year I plan to join at least 1 club!
  • The new sub (the Nest) has finally opened and it’s beautiful
  • And of course, I’m taking different classes

Other than that my life is mostly the same, I’m still a commuter student and I still live in Burnaby. Sorry this post isn’t that interesting, my life hasn’t been very exciting these past couple of weeks. ButĀ I look forward to posting more often again now that the school year has begun! I am also super excited for sweater weather, I CAN FEEL IT COMING!