About Me

My name is Mark and I am an MLIS student at UBC in Vancouver. I also completed my undergrad at UBC, graduating with a Bachelor of Music with a minor in English Literature. Music has always been the foremost passion in my life, and I entered the MLIS program with the intention of studying music librarianship. Currently, I work as a student librarian at UBC’s Music, Art, and Architecture Library.

The other job position I hold is centered on another main interest in my life, men’s health. I work as a research assistant with the Men’s Depression and Suicide Network, an initiative that is funded by Movember Canada. Within the network, I work on a project that entails the creation of a website that is dedicated to providing information and self care tips for men who experience depression as well as fighting harmful male stereotypes that can lead to mental health issues.

I vastly enjoy both of my jobs and find them each very rewarding. As for my personal life, I was born and raised locally and now live in an apartment in Richmond with my wife, who I married in 2013.