End of Term – Reflection

Things I learned about teams, yourself and marketing:

• Working on the assignments in teams really helped build my knowledge of marketing because each team member not only conducted research differently but analyzed the results using diverse knowledge and personal connections to Tata Motors (the company to which we selected to focus on). I learned that shorter meetings are often the most effective and having an agenda prior to meetings really helped the progress moving forward.
  • After all the tasks have been delegated, learning to set my own personal deadline was essential because not only will  it have me working at a more efficient rate but also allow for so time at the end (before the actual due date) to look back and make any changes if necessary.
  • Beyond what the textbook has taught me, I believe this course has generally made me more aware of the marketing around me that I had not noticed before. I feel that I can appreciate marketing as trying to meet my needs much more now. One thing I greatly value is actually learning what marketing is about. My first impression of marketing had been related to sales but as a result of this course I have learned marketing to be adding value and so much more.

Skills I developed:

• The ability to complete a very simple market analysis 

Things I would do differently next time:

• As a general comment, just being more careful with the formatting of assignments so that unnecessary marks won’t be lost.
  • Give more concise answers help the thinking process much more and digging deep provides a much more realistic and specific answers to most marketing questions.

Top takeaways:

•  Always have an agenda before meetings (and try not to make them last over 1 hour for efficiency!)
  • Marketing is all around me so I should be keeping up with current events more
  • I may want to pursue marketing in the non-profit sector 🙂