GOT MEL?

SUS Fall Elections are coming up… Brace yourself for some shameless advertising/campaigning!

Hello there!

I see that you are procrastinating from ______ (insert least favourite course here). I understand that _________(insert UBC professor name here) makes you want to explode like ________(insert favourite reactive element here). So let me spare you more hard reading and summarize everything in a non-intimating and super friendly list.

1. Who are you?

My name is Melanie Ang (although I respond to Mel, Melly and Smelly) and I’m a second year Integrated Sciences Major. I’m running for the position of GENERAL OFFICER for the upcoming SUS fall elections.

2. Why should I vote for you?

If my spiffy campaign poster isn’t quite enough to impress you, I also bring to the table my EXPERIENCE, ENTHUSIASM, APPROACHABILITY and COLLECTION OF SCIENCE SWAG/BLUE FACE PAINT.

EXPERIENCE –
CSP Council Social Coordinator, 2009-2010
SUS First Year Committee, 2009-2010
SUS Public Relations Committee, 2009-2010
Science Week Professor Talent Show MC, 2010
CSP’s Got Talent MC, 2010
Frosh Leader, Science Frosh 2010
MUG Leader, Imagine 2010

ENTHUSIASM – You can find me on campus belting out science cheers and sporting the infamous blue science facepaint. From ingesting a fair amount of JELLO at Science Week Jello Wresting (anyone up for challenging me this year?) to modeling the latest lab coat designs at the Wet Lab Coat Pageant, I ALWAYS give anything I do 110%!

APPROACHABILITY – General Officer is a crucial link between science students and their undergraduate society. With Ladha as my second home, combined with my dedication to voicing and listening to students’ concern, vote for someone you can count on. Vote for Melanie.

COLLECTION OF SCIENCE SWAG/BLUE FACEPAINT – A bazillion pairs of blue jeans (does that count?), 10 blue t-shirts in a variety of shades, 3 pairs of blue shoes, 2 blue sunglasses, 1 pair of blue socks and 1 blue cape….and don’t even get me started about the blue face paint.

3. How can I vote?

ANYONE in Science can elect (up to 4) General Officers. Any year and any major. Come on down to the Abdul Ladha Centre from Monday September 24, 2010 to Friday October 1. (Times listed below) Don’t forget to bring your student ID.

I would like to thank you for considering me as your SUS GENERAL OFFICER and for the chance to share a bit about who I am and what I am passionate about. If you have any questions or just want to say hi, feel free to email me at got.mel@live.ca or stop me on campus. 🙂 Also check out my facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=157047274322970&v=wall

Voting Times:

Monday, September 27 – 10:30am to 2:00pm
Tuesday, September 28 – 10:30am to 2:00pm
Wednesday, September 29 – 10:30am to 2:00pm
Thursday, September 30 – 10:30am to 4:00pm
Friday, October 1 – 11:00am to 12:00pm

SUS Candidate Debate:
Monday, September 27 – 4pm to 6pm
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=128821450501435

Candidate list:
http://www.sus.ubc.ca/elections/candidates/fall2010

See you around and remember…do you “got mel”?