Application Letter

1050 Maple Street

Vancouver, BC V6L1L5

September 12, 2017

Dear fellow students,

Please consider me for the position of professional writing team member. I am ideally suited for this position, as advertised on the English 301 Lesson 1.2 on September 12th. I gained technical writing skills through a summer internship with the Bermudian government which enabled me to be a strong contender in joining your team.

My professional goals to become an urban planner led me to an internship with the Government of Bermuda last summer. I elevated my ability to write professionally through creating a report which is soon to be published for public use. I learned that my skills lie in proofreading texts, but that I could work on adjusting my writing’s tone to better suit the audience. While I could be better organized in projects I take on, I collaborate well with others. Teamwork skills were necessary in collecting the data for my report.

Through my experience applying for jobs through the Arts Co-op Program, I developed a learning philosophy. When I first began applying for jobs, it was tempting at times to leave the application to the last minute. By setting deadlines for myself before the application was due, I learned to manage my time effectively and produce a high-quality application. I have since successfully applied this philosophy to my studies. I will use this strategy in our writing team to ensure we maintain within the scope of our assignments and within our time budget.

Working with students in Barcelona, Spain in my most recent co-op job further enhanced my ability to think creatively. This will be a particular asset to our writing team, especially in relation to our Web Folio project. I taught students between the ages of three and twelve at Escola Sant Gregori, the school I worked at in Spain. I learned to adjust my writing tone in my lesson plans to fit each year group’s level. Using creative strategies such as creating board games with grammar and vocabulary, I was able to inspire my students to pursue English further.

I believe my professional writing experience, teaching philosophy and ability to write creatively make me an excellent candidate for your writing team. If you feel I would be a useful contribution to your team, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone at 604-838-3020 or by e-mail at gillespiemeredith@live.com.

Sincerely,

Meredith Gillespie

Enclosed: Application Letter

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.